Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Sand Paper


My first idea for sand paper was to make a sculpture out of paper on the beach. Here is what I did for that. It is supposed to resemble a river. I think it almost ended up looking fabric-like though.
 
 
I then had the idea to make a stack of paper in the sand, therefore it is "sand-paper." The shadow in the photo is pretty interesting I think.

 
My third piece was using that same stack of paper. I taped the stack in half and then used sand paper to scrape away a hole in the middle. After that I dripped glue in the hole and dropped sand over the glue. Then I spray painted the whole piece using yellow, green and brown.
 
 
Idea number four was a sandpiper on sandpaper! I painted an image onto sand paper using guache.

 
After that I decided to do another painting on sand paper. This one was just of a mountain, sky and abstract lines going off into the distance.


 
The sixth piece is a pastel drawing on sand paper of my bedroom door. 

 
The seventh piece is a paper written about sand, making it a "sand paper."


 
Lastly, my eighth piece is sand portraits of the four Beatles band members. I just drew out their faces with glue and then dropped sand over the glue.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment