Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Fabric

The Fabric Tail Video

To make this video I cut three shirts into strips and tied the strips into a long rope. Then I attached the rope to my bicycle and placed my camera on the back of my bike. I then rode my bike around allowing the rope to drag behind me. This is my video.
 
From the scraps of shirts I then made a few different pieces. The first was a primary color three color bar piece.
 
 The second was similar to the first but on top of the primary colors I painted the secondary colors and rearranged the placement of each color.
 
 Next I took a couple pieces from each of the three primary colors and created some sort of rope. I glued the pieces of fabric together at the top which created a kind of flower type shape. I am not exactly sure of the purpose of this piece but it is interesting to look at and fun to hold.
 
My final Fabric piece was going to be a home made cat stuffed animal, but running extremely behind all that I finished were two of the legs. So now they can serve as some stylish finger gloves or pencil holders or whatever you can really think of.

No comments:

Post a Comment