Tuesday, September 18, 2012

Erase

Erase had to of been the most challenging assignment for me. I really just could not think of any ideas. Here is what I finally did come up with:
 
First of all I made pencil marks across a large piece of white paper and then by erasing I drew out a stamp I have of a Philippino military member.
 
Next I cut out an old picture of five players who used to play for the Denver Nuggets but no longer do. I whited out their heads and their names below the picture. I then wrote out "The Game Goes On" meaning that even though the players on a team constantly change, the team, and even bigger the game still continues.
 
This one I traced over a picture of a girl running on tracing paper, and then glued three more pieces of tracing paper over the top of the drawing so when you flip backwards each piece of paper erases the image a little more than the last.

Going along with the idea of adding layers of tracing paper over an image to erase it I made this next piece. I drew an image of a lizard with a couple leaves on the ground and on top of it I placed four pieces of tracing paper and drew fewer and fewer lines of the image on the papers as they get toward the top. So the image erases with more paper over it.
 

My final piece I drew with colored pencils a flower/explosion shape and then tried erasing parts of it but found that colored pencils are difficult to erase so I took white paint and painted over parts and splattered paint over the top.

No comments:

Post a Comment