Friday, May 25, 2012

Response to Drawers, Chests, and Wardrobes

I have to admit I struggled through this reading. I have trouble finding interest in articles that convey wardrobes with their shelves and drawers and chests with their false bottoms have a quality of intimacy. But maybe that is just me.

"What dreams are reserved for us if we can recall, if we can return to, the land of tranquility!"

I have some boxes that I am rather fond of. One that was given to me by my grandfather in which I store my coin collection and polished rocks. Others that are simply cardboard boxes in which I store all kinds of belongings. I like to put stickers on these boxes and have them stacked in the corner with my TV on top. A type of entertainment center.

I guess that these boxes could represent the chests and drawers and wardrobes of which the author speaks so fondly. People tend to form emotional attachments to inanimate objects.

No comments:

Post a Comment