Sunday, May 13, 2012

Memento

 Colonel Mustard Box

 


I created this box to represent my memories of the van my parents had when I was a child. We called the van Colonel Mustard because it was yellow. In the back of the van were two long wooden bench seats covered in golden yellow shag carpet. I have many fond memories of riding in this van. My souvenir I used is a little toy van that my mother gave me that looks quite similar to Colonel Mustard. 

So in order create my memento I wanted to make a box, both to represent the wooden box seats and the idea that a van is much like a box, a mobile box in which you sit and go from place to place. On the inside I made some shag carpet for the cover of the seats and also displaying the warm fuzzy memories of our family vehicle. I spray painted to box yellow because I wanted it to have a somewhat shiny finish similar to that of the van. 


No comments:

Post a Comment