Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Stencil

My initial idea for Stencil was to just put tape on a piece of cardboard and paint over it with yellow paint and then peel off the tape. There was not a lot of thought put into this but then I saw that it kind of resembled the shape of Australia. So then I drew the outline of Australia over the shape and I remembered hearing earlier in class that when something is stamped it is viewed as official. So I had the idea to stencil out in red "Africa" over the continent. Simply to play with the viewer and make them think, "Wait, is that really Africa?"
 
 
My next one was a stencil from the Duchamp painting "Portrait of the Artist's Father" and over top of the image I stenciled "Mom" to falsly label the man.

 
The following image was the statue of liberty with "Money" stenciled over top.

 
The last five images are of states with their respective capitals. Over the state outlines are incorrect state names. See if you can guess what the real states are. Have fun.

1
 
2

3

4

5
 
Answers:
1) Montana 2) Idaho 3) Washington 4) North Dakota 5) Oregon

No comments:

Post a Comment