Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Found Objects

Finding objects proved to be more of a challenge than I had anticipated. It took me a long time to find my first object. It ended up being a shell on the beach. I found a few other shells that day and then I began to pick up little objects here and there. I ended up with 14 total found objects and I decided that my response drawings would be characters based off of the objects. I decided that I only wanted to use natural organic objects and nothing man made. I drew up some sketches then narrowed it down to six final objects. Here they are:
 
A Shell

A Berry

A Walnut

Pine Needles

A Palm Leaf

A Leaf
 
Here are the objects that did not make the cut:
They are Rolly Glasses, another Leaf, another Shell, a Feather, Coral, Business Card, an Oil Pastel and a Granny Smith Apple Sticker.
 
For my responses to the objects, I decided to create a character to go with each item. Here are my drawings.
 
A Shell Frog
 
A Berry Head
 
 A Walnut Buffalo
 
Pine Needles Man
 
A Palm Leaf Skeleton

A Leaf Man

No comments:

Post a Comment