Monday, June 11, 2012

Sound Confessions

For this assignment we had to come up with a confession, either our own or one from someone else and put it onto a recording device. Then we had to create some sort of container to put the device in that expressed the confession visually.



The confession I chose to use is one that I created based on the story of David and Bathsheba from the Bible. It goes like this:

I went to the balcony of my palace
I saw a woman bathing on her rooftop
I sent for her
I got her pregnant
I sent her husband to the front lines
He died in battle



The box that I created I made from balsa wood, and the top of the box is made from paper. These were two of the materials I enjoyed using most during the semester. I made holes in the surface of the lid so that the sound device speaker and play button are visible. I then wanted to make the lid resemble a topographical landscape with the different levels of elevation shown. I made a structure to represent King David's palace on one end and then on another hill I put a small structure representing Bathsheba's house.  

No comments:

Post a Comment