Monday, June 11, 2012

It's About Time!

This was the project that I struggled the most with. It took me a long time to get comfortable with carving the soap, so I put off doing the project for a long time.  I chose a dinosaur that I had since I was a little kid to base my carvings off of.





Once all the carving was done I did enjoy doing the additive and subtractive processes to the one piece. I set up the eight different processes in order before I began performing them to give the whole thing some sort of structure. Here is the action:

1) Soaked in Pepsi for 5 minutes, Subtractive -

2) Coated in Modeling Paste, Additive +

3) "Tossed" in soap shavings, Additive +

4) Sawed into thirds, Subtractive -

5) Crushed 30 times with wooden mallet, Subtractive -

6) 30 paper scraps added, Additive +

7) Burned, Subtractive -

8) Spray painted, Additive +

The finished products I am pleased with. The representative dinosaur I feel could be a little better but I am too afraid to make the limbs too thin, so he will just remain a chubby dinosaur. I feel like the "processed dinosaur" turned out well, I feel like it is an interesting piece.




No comments:

Post a Comment