Sunday, December 2, 2012

Final Project


 
For the Final Project I went through all of my Quick Challenge work and picked out my favorite pieces. The ones I liked best were my Sandpaper Painting of the mountains, the Paper Cave, my Waterfall Island, and my Cloth Color Swatches. I then looked for ways to connect all these different works. I found similarities in color and form. I wanted to create a sense of organized chaos. I like symmetry and balance, but I also love randomness. For some reason this semester I have really enjoyed working in primary colors. I love how bright and vibrant they are. For each piece that I picked from the Quick Challenges I created at least one new piece related to it in order to create balance.

 
Waterfall Island suspended by wire. Made with card paper, paper towell, balsa wood, gel medium modeling paste and paint.

Tree suspended by wire. Made the same way as the Waterfall Island. The branches are tape over wire.
 
 
Balsa Wood Color Study.


The Killers Mountains

Yes It's an Ice Age

 
Primary Fabric

Papa Paper Cave


 
Baby Paper Cave

No comments:

Post a Comment